At Christ Church we hope that people are able to learn and grow, both spiritually and how to
live out our faith. Part of our learning is through our worship. We also learn through our
outreach work. However, there are also opportunities to join in all sorts of courses, either
locally or at Southwark Cathedral. In previous years there have been a variety of regular meetings,
on topics such as 'Pilgrim: What do Christians believe?', 'Just Love Lent' and
'Praise Him: Songs of Praise in the New Testament'.
Less formally there are opportunities for meeting as prayer groups, whether focused on specific issues
or simply to meet and discern the will of God for our lives.
Apart from the Sunday morning services, there are other regular services at the churches in the Merton Priory Team Ministry
(see the latest Bulletin in case of changes of times):
- Sundays, 7.00 p.m. at Holy Trinity, The Broadway — A short Evening Service, each with a different focus: Eucharist, Iona, Speaker, Contemplation.
- Mondays, 7.15–7.45 p.m. at St John's, High Path — Finding Sanctuary: a time of contemplative prayer,
with readings interspersed with silence and music.
- Tuesdays, 9.15 a.m., and Saturdays, 9.00 a.m., at Christ Church — Morning Prayer.
- Mondays to Fridays, 5.30 p.m. at St John's, High Path — Evening Prayer.
- Tuesdays to Fridays, 7.00 a.m. at Holy Trinity, The Broadway — Morning Prayer.
- Wednesdays, 9.45 a.m. at St John's, High Path — Said Eucharist followed by refreshments.
- Wednesdays, 4.00 p.m. at Christ Church — Prayer Group to pray for the Church and Community. [Not during Lent.]
- Wednesdays, 7.00 p.m. at Christ Church — Meditation Group.
- Saturdays, 9.00 a.m. at Christ Church — Morning Prayer.
- Saturdays, 9.30 a.m. at Christ Church — Said Eucharist.
Bishop Christopher writes:
For many years, the Bishop of Southwark's Lent Call has raised money for
projects within our own Diocese and further afield. In 2016 we were able to give
grants totalling £80,000 to our Link Diocese in Zimbabwe, projects in the Holy
Land which we visited during the Diocesan Pilgrimage in Lent and to projects
that work with people in our Diocese. The theme for the 2017 Lent Call is
'I was hungry … I was thirsty'. We have
selected projects from our Link Dioceses in Zimbabwe which concentrate on
food security. The projects in this Diocese seek to care for those in need of
help with issues of homelessness and drug education. Alongside our giving is also
a call to prayer for these projects and the needs they address.
There are further details and resources at the